May 18, 2012

Star Wars Weekends 2012 starts TODAY!!!



It's that time of year again, one of our favorite troops of the year. Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Every year the 501st is invited to be part of the Star Wars Parade and we come out strong. This year over 200 troopers and rebels will be there to march in the 4 weeks of the event. Star Wars weekends is usually the last 2 weekends of May and the first 2 weekends of June and happens Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Included with your park regular park experience is enhanced meet and greets with your favorite Star Wars characters played by Disney cast members, even their own take on some characters like Jedi Mickey and Darth Goofy. You can meet actual Star Wars Stars and get autographs and watch Q&A sessions with them. This years guest include hosts Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka) and James Arnold Taylor (Obi Wan) voice actors from the Clone Wars.

  • May 18-20, 2012
    • Ray Park (Darth Maul - Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
    • Jerome Blake (Rune Haako/Mas Amedda - Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
    • Dee Bradley Baker(voice of Clone Captain Rex and Clone Commander Cody - Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
  • May 25-27, 2012
    • Andy Secombe (Watto - Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
    • Ray Park (Darth Maul - Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
    • Tom Kane (voice of Yoda - Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
  • June 1-3, 2012
    • Jake Lloyd (Anakin Skywalker - Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
    • Silas Carson (Nute Gunray/Ki-Adi-Mundi - Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
    • Catherine Taber(voice of Padmé Amidala - Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
  • June 8-10, 2012
    • Michonne Bourriague (Aurra Sing Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
    • Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett - Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi)
    • Daniel Logan (Boba Fett - Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones)
    • Nika Futterman (voice of Asajj Ventress - Star Wars: The Clone Wars)




Also a bonus is the SWW enhanced merchandise. Every year there are great exclusives in the park when it comes to toys, clothing and pins. Ashley Eckstein will debut her latest designs from her Her Universe line with these awesome Ahsoka hoodies for girls, as well as a new Katie Cook design. I know I am a guy but I think her line focusing on fan girls is really freaking cool and I am a big fan of some of the designs they come out with.



Disney has a whole line of pins and merch based on their new Darth Maul Donald which I think is cool as hell. I will want to get something with this before I leave. I will be there for the 1st, 3rd and 4th weeekend. So if you see a short Stormtrooper or Emperor Palpatine marching along be sure to shout out Hey WampaDude!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on the post ~ WampaDude